Easy Citrus and Cinnamon Cake
Our recipe for you this week is the insanely easy and utterly delicious Citrus and Cinnamon cake. Made with our very own Carrot Cake Mix and some mixed peel.
- 500g Zero Carrot Cake Mix
- 215ml Cold Water
- 25ml Vegetable Oil
- 100g Mixed Peel
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Place the cake mix and cinnamon into a large bowl or mixer. In a jug, combine the water and oil. Slowly pour the water and oil into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined and there are no lumps.
2. Fold the mixed peel into the cake mixture.
3. Grease and line a 1kg loaf tin. Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and place in a pre-heated oven at 180◦C for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted cocktail stick comes out clean.
4. Leave to cool and then enjoy!
If you wanted the cake to be a bit more punchy, add some more cinnamon to taste. Or add some fresh lemon juice to the mix, it's entirely up to you.
As always, let us know what you think about this recipe and if you give it a go, why not send us a photo of your creation! We love to see your takes on our recipes!