This recipe is adapted from the original by Hungarian Titbits https://www.hungariantidbits.com/hungarian-cherry-cake/
Hungarian Cherry Cake
- Pre-heat over to 200°C (400° - Gas mark 6) and line a baking tin (approx. 25cm x 35cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Sift together the flour, almond flour, salt, baking powder and add the zest of lemon.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Dice the butter into small cubes and fold into the mixture.
- Gradually add a few spoonfuls of the flour mixture and then the milk, in small batches, until well blended in.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and scatter the cherries on top.
- Bake at 200°C for the first 10mins then turn the temperature down to 170° - 180°C and bake for a further 40 - 50mins or until the top of the cake is golden and is cooked through.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares and place on a cooling rack and dust with icing sugar.